I’m excited to begin this diary. As my grandmother used to say “I’m fixin’ to commence to begin”….
I’ll be writing about my days. It’s meant to be worth reading. I will do my best to live up to that.
My given name wouldn’t tell you much about me. It’s not a reflection of who I am, or why I’m here. After all, we are only a perpetuation of those that came before us combined with the mirrored effects of our surroundings. For that reason, I present to you a relative list of pertinent details:
- Ancestry.com would have you believe that I am a descendant of English Royalty.
- Once in America, my family settled in the south. We were politicians, plantation owners, farmers and bee keepers.
- The earliest records in America show that my ancestors were politically affluent members in colonial Virginia. Others are from areas in West Virginia, Kentucky and many from Tennessee.
- Our written family records show that I am also of Native American (Cherokee) heritage.
- My forefathers fought in the Revolutionary War, and for the Confederacy.
- I was born during the “baby boom”
- I read a lot.
- I didn’t go to college.
- I love people. I love my wife, my family, my dog, music and knowing that there is a great abundance and opportunity all around us if we choose to see it.
- I enjoy the memories of my past, but I don’t live there.
- I do my best to learn from my mistakes….and I don’t look back…..ever.
- I would be remiss if I didn’t mention at least once that- I.Love.Bourbon.