My given name wouldn’t tell you much about me. It’s not a reflection of who I am, or why I’m here. After all, we are only a perpetuation of those that came before us combined with the mirrored effects of our surroundings. For that reason, I present to you a list of pertinent details:
- Ancestry.com would have you believe that I am a descendant of English Royalty.
- Once in America, my family settled in the south. We were farmers and bee keepers.
- Our written family records show that I am also of Native American (Cherokee) heritage. I am a direct descendant to “Yellow Bird Trail Killer”. I was born in the bloodline of his daughter “Yellow Bird”
- My forefathers fought in the Revolutionary War, WW-1, and WW-2.
- I was born during the “baby boom” to a lower middle class family.
- My parents divorced when I was 16. My father was not a part of my life again until many years later.
- I didn’t go to college. When I graduated from high school, I was making more money than my mom and had the only car in the family.
- I love people. I love my wife, my family, my dog, music and knowing that there is a great abundance and opportunity all around us if we choose to see it.
- I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in late June of 2017.
- I enjoy the memories of my past, but I don’t live there.
- I do my best to learn from my mistakes….and I don’t look back…..ever.
- I read a lot.
- I would be remiss if I didn’t mention at least once that- I.Love.Bourbon.
If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him.
~ John F. Kennedy